Hello Our Names are...
Mrs. Bergeron & Miss Hildack
Welcome to Mrs. Bergeron's Music
Miss Hildack's Chorus
The goal for each music class is to engage students of all ages and abilities in lessons and activities that further their understanding of music as dictated in the Westfield Public Schools curriculum.
The students will gain knowledge and experience in…
Munger Hill- Monday, Thursday and Friday
Abner Gibbs- Tuesday and Wednesday
It is with great pleasure that we begin the 2014-2015 chorus season at Munger Hill. Chorus is open to any and all 4th and 5th grade student who wish to participate and make a commitment to our group. Chorus rehearsals will be held every Tuesday morning throughout the school year. Rehearsal will start promptly at 7:45 a.m. and will conclude at the start of the school day at 8:45 a.m. There is no sign up for chorus and all students will need transportation to school.
Once the chorus season is underway there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Given the nature of elementary school chorus, I see students from September to December an average of 12 times before our first concert, or roughly the same amount of time the middle and high school chorus programs meet in 3 weeks.This means…
- Participation is vital to our success.Students who show up sporadically will miss important rehearsal and preparation time for our programs.I know very well how the winter season, especially, lessens our morning drive to attend school early, but please encourage strong commitment in your child to arrive on time.We quite literally sink or swim based on their attendance.
- If school is in session on Tuesday, then there IS chorus.Two-hour delays will result in a canceled session.
- Concerts are mandatory.We are fortunate at Munger Hill to be able to present programs during the school day.I have always done this as to not interfere with your busy schedules outside school.Please do your best to ensure that when these precious events come up, your chorus member is ready to contribute to the team.
- Concert attire makes us “classy.”Students in Chorus will attend each and every concert this year wearing a uniform theme of…
- Boys – Black pants, White button down top, dark shoes (no sneakers) and a tie if available.
- Girls – Black pants or skirt, white top, dark shoes (no sneakers).Girls may also choose to wear a black or white dress as well.
*It is never an intention of the Munger Hill Chorus program to ask a parent to buy an expensive new outfit. Please work with what you have to achieve our chorus attire and let me know if you truly can’t come up with an article of clothing for our programs. I will do my best to help.
Concert Dates are already being planned and I want to share with you the tentative dates as they stand right now.
- Munger Hill Winter Program – December 12, 2016 at 1:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Munger Hill Spring Concert – May 15, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.
- Munger Hill Memorial Day Program – T.B.D.
In closing, we’d like to thank you for the adjustments to your morning routine to ensure your child arrives at chorus. Thank you for helping us. We are honored to be the teachers who lead these amazing, eager students through the seasons and we are so excited to start this journey. Please feel free to contact us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Munger Hill Elementary School